Bo Staff Seminar with Master Mark Maxfield
Coming August 10th, 2019
We are privileged to be hosting a very special bo staff seminar at our school taught by the legendary Master Mark Maxfield!
The seminar will be held on Saturday, August 10th at 10 am. You will receive a bo staff that is yours to keep after registering. Make sure to register by August 1st if you want to ensure that you get your bo staff in time for the seminar.
New classes coming in June!
May 16th, 2019
Two new classes are coming in June: Sparring Class and Kickz, Flipz, and Trickz Class!
Sparring Class: Mondays 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Beginning in June, we will be adding the Sparring Class on Mondays at 5:30 pm. This class is designed specifically for working on Olympic Sparring fundamentals, techniques, and conditioning.
- Students in the Kids or Adults classes are welcome to attend. Although those of differing ages may train in drills together, students will only be paired up with those close to their size when sparring.
Kickz, Flipz, and Trickz: Thursdays 5:30 - 6:30 pm (JUNE ONLY)
- Do you want to learn flashy and fun kicks and flips like they do in the movies? Then this class is for you! The Kickz, Flipz, and Trickz class is designed for teaching acrobatic and complex maneuvers that are designed to look cool and push your body and spirit to new limits.
- We will be covering a myriad of different techniques to give everyone a broad introduction to the world of tricking. Some of what will be covered are listed below:
- Cartwheels and Round-offs
- Forward, Backward, Shoulder, and Dive Rolls
- Au Bautido
- Chinese and Korean Butterfly Kicks
- Butterfly Twists
- Cheat Gainers
- Side Flips, Back Flips, and Front Flips
- Tornado Kicks, Feilongs, 540s, 720s, and more!
For further information on these classes and other announcements, you can view our summer newsletter here!
December Belt Testing - Times and Locations
November 27th, 2018
Color Belt Promotional Testing Time is here! Locations and times are below:
- BYU-I in Rexburg: Saturday, December 8th, 10:00 AM
- Elite Studios in Shelley: Friday, December 14th, 4:30 PM
Friends, family, and students not testing are highly encouraged to attend and join in the cheering for those students who are testing.
A reminder to those testing: Make sure to be there at least 20 minutes before hand to stretch and warm up.
Elemental Taekwondo coming to Shelley, ID!
August 23rd, 2018
Elemental Taekwondo will be opening up a new program in Shelley, ID! Classes will be held at Elite Gymnastics in Studio #3. Ages 7+ are welcome (that includes you teens and adults)!
You can register for classes here.